1st marine tank

Angels,Gobys,Tangs,Puffers etc.

1st marine tank

Postby paul .... on 06 Apr 2011 22:51

Well started it at 5 o'clock today and really underestimated how long it would take to drain, clean and dismantle old setup :roll: took ages , shes far from finished but i got a decent start on her ;) some pics
old tank with sand, water and background
Got it drained , removed old sand and started to go @ removeing filter :twisted: a pain but got it done
box removed and tank scrubed clean ;)
black background put on back and 2 walls
Blue arcadia light mounted ;)

And finally just some equipment ill be leaving untill its time to add water : Sand, eggcrate, v2 skimmer, powerhead, 205 external and refractometer
Thats it so far ill upload and keep people posted as i do more work on it, slowly but surely getting there ;) might not be the biggest tank with the best of kit but she will do :D Time for a beer me thinks ;)
Batteries not included
paul ....
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 1st marine tank

Postby gerr on 06 Apr 2011 22:53

About time too ;)
gerr
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby caolum on 06 Apr 2011 22:55

Youve earned your beer, well done
when are you coming to do mine? :lol: :lol:
caolum
Fry
Fry

Postby paul .... on 06 Apr 2011 22:59

About time too ;)

im a busy man :lol:
when are you coming to do mine? :lol: :lol:

:lol: never again im shatterd next time im just going to throw the whole thing out and start fresh with a new tank :lol: so much cleaning and dismantleing :o ah well the backs broke on it now another week maybe and she be full of water ;) and than the long, long cycle ;)
Batteries not included
paul ....
Adult
Adult

Postby MrJackDempsey on 06 Apr 2011 23:05

Well done Paul first step on a new journey, rooting for ya :D
Haven't lost my mind,just sold it on E-bay
MrJackDempsey
MFKA Treasurer
MFKA Treasurer

Postby paul .... on 06 Apr 2011 23:08

MrJackDempsey wrote:Well done Paul first step on a new journey, rooting for ya :D

Cheers mate ;)
Batteries not included
paul ....
Adult
Adult

Postby Turner85 on 06 Apr 2011 23:18

Fair play, on my first marine tank myself. I have the same skimmer on my tank,not sure if its just mine but i cant get the thing to shut up. Sounds like a frog croaking constantly,id like to know if u have the same problem once u have it up and running. Best of luck with the set up
Turner85
Fry
Fry

Postby paul .... on 06 Apr 2011 23:23

Turner85 wrote:Fair play, on my first marine tank myself. I have the same skimmer on my tank,not sure if its just mine but i cant get the thing to shut up. Sounds like a frog croaking constantly,id like to know if u have the same problem once u have it up and running. Best of luck with the set up

Cheers man ;) ill let you know what the crack is alright, i hope not but! i pacifically asked would it be noisy and was told no because this tank is in the bedroom so cant put up with that ;)
Batteries not included
paul ....
Adult
Adult

Postby Turner85 on 06 Apr 2011 23:32

Ive yet to find a solution to the noise, i never got a manual with mine so i could just be doing something wrong and couldnt find much on the internet about them.
Turner85
Fry
Fry

Postby gerr on 06 Apr 2011 23:34

paul .... wrote:
Turner85 wrote:Fair play, on my first marine tank myself. I have the same skimmer on my tank,not sure if its just mine but i cant get the thing to shut up. Sounds like a frog croaking constantly,id like to know if u have the same problem once u have it up and running. Best of luck with the set up

Cheers man ;) ill let you know what the crack is alright, i hope not but! i pacifically asked would it be noisy and was told no because this tank is in the bedroom so cant put up with that ;)

Be careful Paul you know they say about the effects that the sound of running water has.. Best you invest in a few plastic bed sheets :lol:
gerr
Adult
Adult

Postby JennyF on 06 Apr 2011 23:41

paul .... wrote:

my V2 Skimmer is as quiet as anything :lol:

Looking good, bet you can't wait to stock it haha!
JennyF
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby paul .... on 06 Apr 2011 23:56

ye jen me finger nails are completely chewed by this stage :lol: is your v2 really quite ye???? im worried now
Batteries not included
paul ....
Adult
Adult

Postby JennyF on 07 Apr 2011 00:49

paul .... wrote:ye jen me finger nails are completely chewed by this stage :lol: is your v2 really quite ye???? im worried now

at first I had some problems it seems to take a while to get used to everything, mine is only a 400 (sump is tiny it barely fit) It's been running around 2 weeks now I reckon and it's grand now, every so often it gives up and overflows but 90% of the time it works perfectly :lol:

They seem to be very hit and miss, about time I got some luck everything else with this tank has caused heartache. Hopefully yours will sort itself out!

The fun part is stocking I can't wait untill pay day!
JennyF
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby darrenmorris on 07 Apr 2011 09:49

Good stuff with the tank mate fair play setting up the thread. Il be tagging along for ideas
darrenmorris
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby paul .... on 07 Apr 2011 12:09

darrenmorris wrote:Good stuff with the tank mate fair play setting up the thread. Il be tagging along for ideas

Cheers man ;) pretty sure I'm comein down with the poxy flu :roll: so that's gonna put brakes on this a bit :x
Batteries not included
paul ....
Adult
Adult

Next

Return to Marine and Brackish Fish