My White 7x2x2 Reef

For personal projects like setting up a tank.

Re: My White 7x2x2 Reef

Postby robi0543 on 20 Dec 2012 23:41

mad busy in work during the week
Ill text you sat or sun if Im free
robi0543
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby BlueRam on 20 Dec 2012 23:43

No worries i am free all day Sat but sun i am working all day

Thanks

Sean
7x2x2 White Clearseal Mixed Reef
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17921

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby spons on 20 Dec 2012 23:45

BlueRam wrote:Sorry lads havent updated this in a while was very busy

I got the pipe work sorted out after a lot off messing about with getting wrong size fittings and that but thank god i got the right ones in the end i upgraded all pipe work connectors and ball values to 32mm and also hard piped all off it

may change it going into the pump ill see what the vibration is like when it is uo and runniging if it is bad ill just add a few inchs off flexy to it

I added the water and rock i had storing in wheelie bins was trying to do a bit of rock work but i am hopeless at it so it is just sitting in the tank for now until someone comes and saves me and shows me how to do it right, also i added some temporarily LEDs to the tank for now until i move over all equipment and lights and get it all wired up

I will be adding the rock and water from the old tank and also have more water mixing now just incase i need more which im sure i will

Here is a photo that i got when i done the wire off the pump this is the way all the wires in the sumo will be done and once the trunking lid goes no there will be no wires showing at all

Few photos of the stand with the sump lights in very bright which is the way i wanted it the whole sump is lit up so it good in-case i need to do something in it

So if anyone is few in the next few days to help me with the rock work and the change over would be great

Was looking to get all off it done before Xmas so need as much help as i can with the rock cause i am Shit at it haha

Thanks

Sean

Can you put up a pic showing pipework in the overflow ?
Thanks mate...
spons
Adult
Adult

Postby BlueRam on 20 Dec 2012 23:58

I didnt take one but ill try get one tomo for you

Its nothing really just all 32mm pipe one for the return which you can see the top off in one of the photos other cut to just over half way prob a bit more for the drop down and other the same size as the drop down

This one is for my UV ill be gravity feed my UV from this so it will help with that but also help to drop more water down into the tank if you get me?

Ill try get photos up though

Might not be good really as the tank is in its finale place now

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby spons on 21 Dec 2012 00:09

Ok, thanks.
The reason i am asking is, i haven't started my pipework(stand ordered, waiting :evil: ) and want figure out what to do...
spons
Adult
Adult

Postby BlueRam on 21 Dec 2012 00:11

No worries mate

Ill try get as many as i can tomo

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby BlueRam on 22 Dec 2012 00:43

Here you are mate

As i said very hard to take photos but this is the best i can do

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby spons on 22 Dec 2012 00:48

Thats sweet... Thanks a lot for the effort... I going to do something very similar to this... :D
spons
Adult
Adult

Postby BlueRam on 22 Dec 2012 00:49

Sorted out the two islands that i want each side of my center piece rack that will be coming from my other tank

Still have to add a few bits and overhangs to the islands but will do this later on when i see what the final look is done

Still i will take all equipment from the old tank tomo and just add temp powerheads heater and lights to the old tank till i move them over

Anyone know how long i can leave the tank for like this with just light powerheads and heater and off course the return?

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby johnportman on 22 Dec 2012 01:16

Some great pics there Sean, fair play.
I like the way you have the pipe work in the sump.
I'd love to have mine like that instead of a green hose running from the pump to the return pipe.
Where did you get your pipe work mate.

John
johnportman
Fry
Fry

Postby BlueRam on 22 Dec 2012 10:19

johnportman wrote:Some great pics there Sean, fair play.
I like the way you have the pipe work in the sump.
I'd love to have mine like that instead of a green hose running from the pump to the return pipe.
Where did you get your pipe work mate.

John

John hows things

Thanks as i said from the start i wanted this as neat and as clean looking as i could get it the really test will be when i get all the equipment in and see how neat and tidy i can get it all wired up

I got all the pipe work in Irritec in donabate its the same place most fish shops get all there pipe work from and paul there is dead sound

I have my tank now with green hosing running from return to to the tank and this is one of the main reasons why i went and done hard pipe now

I just have to wait to i power it all up and see what the vibrations are like coming from the return as it is all hard piping so ill see if it is loud ill just replace it with a once or two off felx from the hard pipe to the return

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby Cazsie on 22 Dec 2012 11:29

Well done on the rock work Sean.
Cazsie
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby Faiththebate on 22 Dec 2012 15:03

BlueRam wrote:Here you are mate

As i said very hard to take photos but this is the best i can do

Sean

Is there ment to be 3 pipes ,,,,,
I think there is only ment to be 2 pipes , the first hole should not have a pipe , you will only get a build up of crap there ,

This tank is going to be the dogs bollox , looks really well
Faiththebate
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby Cazsie on 23 Dec 2012 11:33

Don't forget me stars dude!!

See you in the New Year. Hope Santa is good to the kids and doesn't end up swimmin in the fish tank.
Cazsie
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby BlueRam on 29 Dec 2012 01:29

Quick update tank is filled and stocked everything went great with the move over and all doing very well now thank god

No spikes also which i was very happy with really dose may off to take your time

Now a lot off work as being done to the tank over the last while from adding equipment to most of the wiring wired and as neat as i could get it

Small amount to still do tomorrow will finish of putting in the Doser and controller as its only about 80% done and then run airlines to the 3 drums for the mixes

and then add in my power heads as i just have temp ones on it for now

I added in a new D-D 80W UV i gravity feed this there is a good thing about this and a bad thing
first of all the good is because is is running 80Watts i didn't want to add a pump to it as then i would be looking at running nearly 140 or so watts

Now the bad is because it is gravity feed the only way i come add it to the tank is this way and then back in to the return section the bad thing is because the feed in not running through the rector sock or skimmer first as its just right into the UV so this means dirty water going into it which will make me have to clean it but once i do probable once a month everything is ok

Next i added in my Rock work and water here a are few shots as i was going

Here is a before and after photo off some wiring to show how neat i am looking to have it

I then added and wired in all the lighting they are all AquaRays 4 x 1500XG tiles and 2 x blue and white srtips on the rail and hanging kit

I then added in and wired up the Aquaray Controllers for the lights

Here is a shot how it is now

Also forgot to say i added in all new Sand 1mm white coral sand very nice i have to say

I got a few things done tonight like the Auto Top Up and drums added in and also as i said a good bit of the doser and controllers

Tomorrow ill finish that of and then add in the powerheads and wire it up and then that some be it till i decide what else to add :lol:

Thanks

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

PreviousNext

Return to Member Blogs