My White 7x2x2 Reef

For personal projects like setting up a tank.

Re: My White 7x2x2 Reef

Postby Alan.C on 10 Dec 2012 00:08

Hi mate, when I was doing my rock work I got some pvc pipe about an inch pipe n drilled holes in it & heated it so I could bend it & when it cools it stays that shape, so basically I made a frame. I then drilled the live rock & slid it over the pipe work & put cable ties through the drilled holes in the pipe work & live rock to keep it in place, so was able to make over hangs stuff, so taught I share the way I did mine, so you could look into that way,i posted pic's when I did it, but I'm sure you know wath I'm trying to explain, Best of luck

BlueRam wrote:
spons wrote:Nice progress there... Best of luck with the move. I am bit scared about mine too :o , when it comes to it...

I know how you feel i really am not looking forward to doing the move over and also rock work i am shit at it ha

@THE DAWG thanks mate getting there trying to do bit by bit

went and got the big bottle off the coral glue for the rock work

Had to get a few bits tomorrow as in a drill bit that i can drill the control box for the wires id say a 12m wood bit would do it

Also going to get door magnets like on presses for the shelve unit so i can remove it and get at the back off the control box if needed

Then pipe work is getting done tomorrow hopefully

Not to sure what to do next i have so much to do i don't know where to start ha

Sean
Alan.C
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby BlueRam on 10 Dec 2012 20:51

Thanks mate i see there is a lot off ways to do it and i really dont know what way i will try

I am not looking forward to doing it ha

I think ill just pop it in and see what it is like if i like it ill add a bot off glue so nothing falls

Sean
7x2x2 White Clearseal Mixed Reef
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17921

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby BlueRam on 12 Dec 2012 22:25

Added the temperature Controller tonight put all wires in trunking and also the temperature probe is in trunking enough so it it just about the sump and then put into the chamber neat

I also changed my sump around the return section was way to small so i made it bigger, so hope this will help with topping up even thought ill have the ATO on the sump

i found a way how to add the Dosing Pump Controller to the control box didnt get a photo but will add one when i have all the controllers mounted and wired in

I am still trying to find a way to mount the dosing pump in the sump/stand area nice and neat i have being thinking of making a bracket up with two bits of egg crate like a L shape and hand it over the side off the sump bit the more i think about it i think it wont work

I was looking at a dosing pump bracket on the net today but at 40 euro i think ill try think off another way

So if anyone has any ideas or a photo on how you do it please let us know

Thanks

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby darmac on 15 Dec 2012 19:34

Great looking tank mate,dont know if this will work out for your dosing pump but you could try one of those brackets that come wit a new car radio,you can get them in any car parts shop.

Or even a piece of 6"/9" cable tray.

Best of luck wit the rest of the install.

Darren.
darmac
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby BlueRam on 15 Dec 2012 21:38

Thanks Darren

I have sorted the doser out i am just going to use Velcro things that i got the are strong and will hold it to the top off ubder the stand this way i can have my hose lies going where i want and will look neat

I post photos when i get it in and wired i was hoping to do all off it this week but still don't have the pipe work so that's keeping me back a bit but once i get that in and tested i can get everything else going

But for now i just have to wait

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby BlueRam on 20 Dec 2012 21:24

Sorry lads havent updated this in a while was very busy

I got the pipe work sorted out after a lot off messing about with getting wrong size fittings and that but thank god i got the right ones in the end i upgraded all pipe work connectors and ball values to 32mm and also hard piped all off it

may change it going into the pump ill see what the vibration is like when it is uo and runniging if it is bad ill just add a few inchs off flexy to it

I added the water and rock i had storing in wheelie bins was trying to do a bit of rock work but i am hopeless at it so it is just sitting in the tank for now until someone comes and saves me and shows me how to do it right, also i added some temporarily LEDs to the tank for now until i move over all equipment and lights and get it all wired up

I will be adding the rock and water from the old tank and also have more water mixing now just incase i need more which im sure i will

Here is a photo that i got when i done the wire off the pump this is the way all the wires in the sumo will be done and once the trunking lid goes no there will be no wires showing at all

Few photos of the stand with the sump lights in very bright which is the way i wanted it the whole sump is lit up so it good in-case i need to do something in it

So if anyone is few in the next few days to help me with the rock work and the change over would be great

Was looking to get all off it done before Xmas so need as much help as i can with the rock cause i am Shit at it haha

Thanks

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby robi0543 on 20 Dec 2012 21:34

Use your imagination :D
My was easier I was working on dry rock
robi0543
Adult
Adult

Postby BlueRam on 20 Dec 2012 21:37

robi0543 wrote:Use your imagination :D
My was easier I was working on dry rock

Tired that doesn't look good after it ha

I can remove rock when working on it if needs be

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby robi0543 on 20 Dec 2012 21:45

If you are using ecotech glue you can use it underwater real handy do it exactly as they show you on video.
Put some glue hold it in place for about 30s to make sure it stay there where you want it. You have seen in my tank I've glue piece of rock to another rock and it is there since then nicely overhanging :D
On my new tank Ive used epoxy milliput as I wasn't in a hurry. Only down side of using epoxy is need good few hours to cure and you have to be carefull when using it underwater coz it using oxygen to cure.
robi0543
Adult
Adult

Postby BlueRam on 20 Dec 2012 22:58

I have gave it another go

Yeah i am using the coral clue not the best if you ask be says it drys in 5 mins but not for mw it doesnt ha some bits are still lose from when i started it ill leave for a while longer

Here is it some bits and just holding others up till the glue drys so this is not the finish look but best i can do

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby robi0543 on 20 Dec 2012 23:18

Told you it is easy
Looking good
robi0543
Adult
Adult

Postby spons on 20 Dec 2012 23:25

Very good progress mate, your rock-work looks stunning. Its going to look good with corals ... Also like the way you want to keep your cables and pipework tidy... ;)
spons
Adult
Adult

Postby BlueRam on 20 Dec 2012 23:31

Robbie wasnt easy at all still havent moved it so could still fall apart which i think it will that glue is not working at all

Spons thanks mate getting there as for the rock work first time i ever done it and im sure this will not hold when i go to left it into the tank but who knows if not ill just stack it like my rock work is now in my tank that's up and running

Yeah i wanted to do this right from the start no wire i hate them the joys off being a electrician ha but all seems to be going well just cant wait to get everything moved over from the old tank

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

Postby robi0543 on 20 Dec 2012 23:36

Ive been trying few different glue and this one is working the best so far. I know it is pain in ... to get everything the way you wont it.
robi0543
Adult
Adult

Postby BlueRam on 20 Dec 2012 23:39

I give it a while and see if it falls apart it falls apart nothing i can do ill just try re stack in tank with out cluing

Robbie you free any off the day you seem to like doing rock work and cluing it haha i can use your help lol

Sean

BlueRam
Adult
Adult

PreviousNext

Return to Member Blogs