Building a Fishtank?

Special section for beginners to post.

Building a Fishtank?

Postby JDAqua on 05 Oct 2017 00:22

Need to move my barbs into a bigger home however i have limited space and no tanks around are the sizes i need. Can I use old glass that has been removed from old doors and cut it to shape? Is there anybody i could Even contact to build me a custom tank for a fair price?
JDAqua
Fry
Fry

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Building a Fishtank?

Postby liam on 05 Oct 2017 09:25

You might get a better response if you post in Equipment and DIY as there is one marine fish keeper on here (not sure if they're still active) that has built at least two tanks that I know of and says anyone can do it. But I guess it depends on what size tank and your DIY skills!

In the meantime I've pinged him to see if he'll respond but in the DIY section at least you might get a larger audience who are into building their own stuff.

Best of luck with it.

--Liam.
liam
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby Brenk on 05 Oct 2017 13:37

JDAqua wrote:Need to move my barbs into a bigger home however i have limited space and no tanks around are the sizes i need. Can I use old glass that has been removed from old doors and cut it to shape? Is there anybody i could Even contact to build me a custom tank for a fair price?

Hey.

I'm the guy that Liam mention that has built 2 tanks and I'm planning on building a third in 2 years time.. bigger again.

Seahorses aquariums build tanks any size you want. The only reason I built my own was I work in the glass business and when i saw what I can but the glass for and what some charge to stick it all together I crapped myself, so I decided to give it ago and it's worked..

My current tank has a display of 350litres and is made from 10mm float glass with a double base... and external weir and a 1 piece Euro Brace on top. I also built the stand it sits on :)

If you are any good at DIY youll build one yourself no bother. Just give yourself plenty of time and have loads of patience..

Brenk
Fry
Fry

Postby Danny D on 08 Dec 2017 20:34

Hello all new to this forum got myself 650ltr tank and just wondering what is needed to set up it up e.g: pumps fillters heaters, would be grand if any one could pass on some info
Danny D
Fry
Fry

Return to Beginners