Koi pond construction

Jokes,rants,stories,news banter and everything else.

Koi pond construction

Postby silverdollar on 26 Jun 2018 20:56

Hi I'm looking to building a koi pond in the garden it will be partially raised just wondering if someone could recommend a good pond builder I'm based in laytown.
silverdollar
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Koi pond construction

Postby KenS on 27 Jun 2018 21:30

Hi,

We don't get too many pond questions here. Pond Hobby in Lusk used to do builds, but the guy scaled back the business last year and AFAIK, he doesn't any more.

What sort of a build are you going for? Block or liner?
Regards,

Ken
KenS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby darwin on 27 Jun 2018 22:27

Was out there recently and bought some pond plants from a fresh delivery :D if anyone wants to see what that small 6in sterlet turns into take a trip out and look into one of the circular fish vats and theres a sight for sore eyes,a 4ft plus,a real beaut ...
darwin
Adult
Adult

Postby KenS on 28 Jun 2018 08:12

darwin wrote:Was out there recently and bought some pond plants from a fresh delivery :D if anyone wants to see what that small 6in sterlet turns into take a trip out and look into one of the circular fish vats and theres a sight for sore eyes,a 4ft plus,a real beaut ...

Yes, it was incredible. You couldn't see it at first looking into the vat and then it just hit you. I think it might be gone. Wasn't there when I was up a couple of weeks ago.
Regards,

Ken
KenS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby silverdollar on 28 Jun 2018 18:50

Hi I'm looking to do block build bottom drain etc. Want it done right to last year's just can't seem to find who to construct it
silverdollar
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby KenS on 28 Jun 2018 20:29

If you do a plan, you could get a builder/brick layer to do it. It's not rocket science. It's basically building a shed with no roof or door. You'd have to make sure they do the bottom drain correctly though. It's just a matter of getting it rendered and then sealed. You could possibly do the sealing yourself.

I think Ireland is just too small to have someone make a living at pond building/maintenance. Lots of choice in the UK, but not here unfortunately.
Regards,

Ken
KenS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby darwin on 05 Jul 2018 23:48

At least the hose pipe ban doesnt apply to fish ponds http://www.thejournal.ie/lidl-swimming- ... 7-Jul2018/ scroll down the page some .....
darwin
Adult
Adult

Return to General News and Chat