Not buzzen anymore

Jokes,rants,stories,news banter and everything else.

Not buzzen anymore

Postby jeff on 15 Jan 2018 22:11

It wasn't to long ago when this site was absolutely full of questions and answers, more actions in a hamster cage now, now I can't talk I'm not on that much but Jasus where yez all gone, does anyone even know me on here now :cry:
jeff
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Not buzzen anymore

Postby spons on 16 Jan 2018 12:39

It's more like a Buy and Sell for fish keepers unfortunately...
I'm still here tho ;)
spons
Adult
Adult

Postby sparky on 16 Jan 2018 13:31

Hey Jeff,

Agreed. whenever anyone does look for advice, I try to help (if I can!). But as said, it has become a lot more like a buy & sell group. Its a pity, as there's a wealth of knowledge and friendship out there in the community, but it seems to have taken a back seat. Maybe its time to start up monthly meets again or something similar?

-Brian
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot

6x2x2 Triton Reef Tank
sparky
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby jeff on 16 Jan 2018 19:35

spons wrote:It's more like a Buy and Sell for fish keepers unfortunately...
I'm still here tho ;)

Glad to see you still with us did you set up a new tank

Very true only active page is the for sale one but even that has feck all on it
jeff
Adult
Adult

Postby jeff on 16 Jan 2018 19:38

sparky wrote:Hey Jeff,

Agreed. whenever anyone does look for advice, I try to help (if I can!). But as said, it has become a lot more like a buy & sell group. Its a pity, as there's a wealth of knowledge and friendship out there in the community, but it seems to have taken a back seat. Maybe its time to start up monthly meets again or something similar?

-Brian

Keep her lit bud, monthly meet ups never seem to work as finding a central place isn't easy, I think if we can just get members more involved on here it would be a great start
jeff
Adult
Adult

Postby Halostemanic on 16 Jan 2018 21:09

Hi, I agree i’d love to see a lot more discussion on here. I wonder if it’s possible to do a bit of a website revamp. Or maybe better yet set up a Facebook group where it’s easier to share updates, pics and tips people come across. I know most of us are probably members of the other selling Facebook groups but wouldn’t a FB group from here without adverts be good?
Halostemanic
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby sparky on 16 Jan 2018 22:01

Not a bad idea. Or possibly a redit feed? A revamp, updated threads maybe?

Used to be a great place to come for advice, updates on tanks etc.

Would be great to see it again.

-Brian
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot

6x2x2 Triton Reef Tank
sparky
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby KenS on 16 Jan 2018 22:41

It has been very quiet recently. I've found the forum to be mostly marine in the last year or so with very little freshwater content. It's a bit of an issue for freshwater keepers as marine is a very different part of the hobby with little crossover.

I put a lot of it down to a drop off in the hobby. I know a lot of people who don't keep fish anymore. I keep Malawis and felt that part of the hobby was almost dead in Ireland. However, I found that there is a very vibrant group on Facebook so there's a lot more keepers in Ireland than I thought.

I think the lack of activity is due to the fact that many of our main contributors over the years have left the hobby while newer/younger keepers seem more inclined to gravitate towards the likes of Facebook than a forum such as this.

Personally, I prefer a forum. Facebook is very cluttered and you can miss stuff.
Regards,

Ken
KenS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby spons on 17 Jan 2018 11:22

jeff wrote:
I'm still here tho ;)

Still have my 3ft Clearseal with more fish focused theme- 5 Angels and friends, ricordeas and mushrooms. Very easy...
spons
Adult
Adult

Postby jeff on 17 Jan 2018 20:27

spons wrote:
jeff wrote:
I'm still here tho ;)

Still have my 3ft Clearseal with more fish focused theme- 5 Angels and friends, ricordeas and mushrooms. Very easy...

Ah cool fair play sounds nice was tempted to go down a similar route a while back when a couple of wrasse ran a muck on loads of torches
jeff
Adult
Adult

Postby jeff on 17 Jan 2018 20:33

KenS wrote:It has been very quiet recently. I've found the forum to be mostly marine in the last year or so with very little freshwater content. It's a bit of an issue for freshwater keepers as marine is a very different part of the hobby with little crossover.

I put a lot of it down to a drop off in the hobby. I know a lot of people who don't keep fish anymore. I keep Malawis and felt that part of the hobby was almost dead in Ireland. However, I found that there is a very vibrant group on Facebook so there's a lot more keepers in Ireland than I thought.

I think the lack of activity is due to the fact that many of our main contributors over the years have left the hobby while newer/younger keepers seem more inclined to gravitate towards the likes of Facebook than a forum such as this.

Personally, I prefer a forum. Facebook is very cluttered and you can miss stuff.

Nothing much else to add to that your spot on really, I'm on a couple of the Facebook ones and it's much the same really just somewhere to buy and sell, would it be ok to mention this page on Facebook in the terms of asking who on here is on Lfks and see if we can get a bit more action cause like you said it is much to keep up with here than fb
jeff
Adult
Adult

Postby Anthony on 18 Jan 2018 15:29

I don`t be around much either. I`m looking to get back into the hobby after a two year break.
I do have a small 30l tank but I think it`s time to get a proper tank again.

Maybe if we had a little meeting. 8-)
Anthony
LFKS Chairman
LFKS Chairman

Postby JamieZhu on 18 Jan 2018 22:05

Well, tank show off stopped for quite a while. Also this hobby became a lot easier than years back, as technology goes. Besides 80% of marine keepers are on Triton and you can drop a msg on fb have almost instant response why would you bother do that here.
JamieZhu
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby EnnisMarine on 11 Feb 2018 22:25

I think the frag swap meet was a great idea and would have been an opportunity to meet and get to know everyone. It's such a shame that didn't take off in the end.
Gary
EnnisMarine
Fry
Fry

Postby Mc Paul on 11 Feb 2018 23:37

+1 for the frag swap/sell meeting once or twice a year, plus "after party "
Mc Paul
Sub Adult
Sub Adult