Tank Advice

Jokes,rants,stories,news banter and everything else.

Tank Advice

Postby moc88 on 05 Jul 2017 14:10

Hi All,

I will be getting back into keeping marine fish and corals again after a long debate with myself
after not having a tank in over 3 years, I finally have decided to bite the bullet and get back into the hobby
I always kept nano marine aquariums largest 33L, Any advice on tanks out there at the moment I was thinking
maybe the MiniReef 90 by aqua one http://www.seahorseaquariums.com/MiniRe ... Black/8846
or the Fluval M90 http://www.seahorseaquariums.com/Fluval ... abinet/751
I dont wan't to go to big on the tank as I always enjoy the challenge with smaller tanks, :D
moc88
Fry
Fry

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Tank Advice

Postby sparky on 05 Jul 2017 14:27

Hey,

Welcome back to the hobby! There's some great nano systems out there now. Why don't you pick up a second hand tank? I know one of the guys on here is looking to sell his nano. I'd be a lot cheaper that getting a new one!

-Brian
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot

6x2x2 Triton Reef Tank
sparky
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby spons on 05 Jul 2017 17:32

I'd get a sumped tank if I was you, it doesn't have to be new. It looks much neater plus you have extra water volume and place to grow algae and pods...
spons
Adult
Adult

Postby moc88 on 07 Jul 2017 11:06

the aqua one is sumped so might go with that,
moc88
Fry
Fry

Postby Halostemanic on 07 Jul 2017 16:42

+1 on a sumped tank. That said I run an aquanano 60 with an external filter & an algae reactor. It's lightly stocked but plenty of corals. A sump would contain everything though and also add more water volume for stability. You'll need to upgrade the light though for corals. Good luck!
Halostemanic
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby moc88 on 12 Jul 2017 13:11

so I made a trip upto seahorse, and i'm stuck whether to get the pakage deal the have on the aquavogue 170 this isn't sumped as it uses external filter i know this can be later sumped at a later stage, trying to get some advice would i be better to get a custom optiwhite 200L and sump and all the extras myself in the long run, i know myself i have upgraded all stock on my other tanks and want this to start out with all the right equipment lights etc help :lol:
moc88
Fry
Fry

Postby Brenk on 12 Jul 2017 13:27

moc88 wrote:so I made a trip upto seahorse, and i'm stuck whether to get the pakage deal the have on the aquavogue 170 this isn't sumped as it uses external filter i know this can be later sumped at a later stage, trying to get some advice would i be better to get a custom optiwhite 200L and sump and all the extras myself in the long run, i know myself i have upgraded all stock on my other tanks and want this to start out with all the right equipment lights etc help :lol:

Have a look in the following sale section. A guy call mgrk was selling his optiwhite tank Including stand for 350 or there abouts.. it's bigger than what you are looking for but by the time you've paid seahorse to make a new tank and stand you'll spend more that 350.
Brenk
Fry
Fry

Return to General News and Chat