Disaster.

Jokes,rants,stories,news banter and everything else.

Re: Disaster.

Postby sparky on 22 Jun 2017 11:07

liam wrote:
Where did you get the little shelves on your sump doors? They're a great idea, really neat.

--Liam.

Picked the up in ikea. They were meant for the kitchen, but I seen a better use for them.

-Brian
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot

6x2x2 Triton Reef Tank
sparky
Juvenile
Juvenile

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby sparky on 05 Jul 2017 22:48

Hi All,

Well the tank is stable again and back up and running. Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Corky for the frags, I am truly amazed and humbled at the generosity of you guys. Once I'm back up to 100% I'll be sure to return the favor to another if the need should arise. It's a pleasure to know you all! ;)

-Brian

6x2x2 Triton Reef Tank
sparky
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby Corky on 06 Jul 2017 21:59

Your welcome, best of luck with the "new" tank :D
Corky
Juvenile
Juvenile

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby sparky on 20 Oct 2017 18:55

Hi All,

Just wanted to post an update on this. 4 months on, and the tank has finally settled in again. Pretty happy with everything, now its just to build back up the stock again, always the fun (and expensive) part.

I made a few small changes on how the system is running from the old tank, moved from Triton Base to Core 7, added a CO2 reactor.

-Brian

6x2x2 Triton Reef Tank
sparky
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby The DAWG on 20 Oct 2017 20:21

Glad things are back on track :D
The DAWG
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby Dclifford on 20 Oct 2017 21:26

Good to hear.
A co2 reactor or co2 scrubber? I was reading today on triton facebook page aboit how a co2 scrubber is not recommended on a core7 system. I can cause the ph to got too high. If ph above 8.4 it can cause problems.
I only set up a co2 scrubber last week. My ph was usually above 8.2 so I took it back out after reading it today.
Dclifford
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby sparky on 20 Oct 2017 22:41

Dclifford wrote:Good to hear.
A co2 reactor or co2 scrubber? I was reading today on triton facebook page aboit how a co2 scrubber is not recommended on a core7 system. I can cause the ph to got too high. If ph above 8.4 it can cause problems.
I only set up a co2 scrubber last week. My ph was usually above 8.2 so I took it back out after reading it today.

scrubber! Yea, I seen that too. I’ve been watching the PH, it’s sitting below 8.5, so I’m happy. I was having a lot of issues with cyno, gha since the tank was set back up again. After putting it in, that all cleared up in about 2/3 weeks. My ph has been a little low since everything was set up, so coral growth had been a little slow. It’s getting a bit better with the scrubber.

-Brian

6x2x2 Triton Reef Tank
sparky
Juvenile
Juvenile

Previous

Return to General News and Chat