Brand new Juwel Trigon 190 cracked

Jokes,rants,stories,news banter and everything else.

Brand new Juwel Trigon 190 cracked

Postby Johnny82 on 17 Nov 2016 01:00

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help advise me. I just collected my brand new Juwel Trigon 190 aquarium and cabinet. They guys in the shop said they checked for cracks as sometimes new aquariums come in cracked from transport. They inspected it but don't think they took it out of the box, just opened the top of the box and said it looks fine.

I came home, assembled the cabinet, made sure the cabinet and ground were leve with a spirit level and was so careful placing the aquarium on the cabinet. Was just about to get a cloth to clean the tank out of dust and what not and low and behold there is a fairly large crack in the side of the tank. The crack goes all the way from the outside to the inside and is about 5 inches long.

Am I going to have hassle when I call them in the morning or should they be able to replace it? So disappointed after waiting 2 weeks and spending so much money.

Johnny82
Fry
Fry

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Brand new Juwel Trigon 190 cracked

Postby Mc Paul on 17 Nov 2016 08:04

Sorry to hear that.
What store sell the tank?
I think that is bad customer service. If they were open the box, they must show you the tank too. The box was opened when you bought it? It's they fau.
You will need to make a picture with your receipt, trader name, tank crack and email your complaint letter to Juwell.
Mc Paul
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Re: Brand new Juwel Trigon 190 cracked

Postby Johnny82 on 17 Nov 2016 20:11

I won't mention the supplier just yet as I do not want to damage their reputation but yes the box was open when I bought it as they inspected it on delivery they said and there was no visible damage according to them but it is possible they damaged it packing it back up if the did in fact take it out of the box to inspect properly. How they did that I have no idea as all the protective packaging was still taped to the tank and there was tape over the crack! I have called them today and sent a detailed email with photo. They are now chasing Juwel and awaiting a response from the manager in Juwel. I hope there is a good outcome as we all know money doesn't grow on trees.
Johnny82
Fry
Fry

Return to General News and Chat