Method choices?

Special section for newcomers to the world of Marine. There are no stupid questions.

Method choices?

Postby Dubtank on 20 Nov 2018 22:48

Hi all, thanks for accepting me here. I'm finding lots of great information on all of your posts etc. I have just purchased a new tank. I currently have a 150l tank with external filter etc. Running about 2years all good healthy fish, corals and good water parameters etc. My new tank is 400l with about 90l sump. I have all my kit ready to go, new skimmer, lights and that. Now for the part i am stuck on, dosing methods. I originally was going to start the Triton Other method as I am not running a refugium. Saying this after spending some time trawling through posts and blogs I am not sure what to do. I have seen lots of people talk of the AquaForest products, RedSea and the Berlin method. I do have a 4 ch doser and containers ready to go. I will be using live rock and most likely live sand. I will use a new sandbed for the new tank with probably a cup or so of the old one for Bacteria etc. Coral wise I wont be getting to extreme. LPS and Zoa's will be the main visitor to the reef with SPS maybe making an appearance as things progress. I know there are differences in price for each method, im not saying that I have a complete open budget but i don't mind a regular purchase of additives. Also the attractiveness of less frequent large volume water changes being replaced by more dedication to water chemistry does appeal to me. Your input is very welcome??
Dubtank
Fry
Fry

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Method choices?

Postby spons on 21 Nov 2018 20:54

Triton is my favorite method, plus it's good value...
spons
Adult
Adult

Postby chris k on 23 Nov 2018 17:47

Ati essentials is also a good choice
chris k
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby elbancalito on 24 Nov 2018 02:05

I am new to the hobby and almost a year ago set up a 450l tank using the Triton other methods, can't complain.so far so good
elbancalito
Fry
Fry

Postby Dubtank on 24 Nov 2018 23:07

Thanks guys. Yes i think it will be Triton. Going to get things set up during the week. Will keep you posted .
Dubtank
Fry
Fry

Return to Beginners