Blog Stats
180Total Entries
580Total Comments
Search Blogs

Feed Random Blog Entries
growth and i moved the tank by bandraoi dúchasach on 18 Nov 2010 01:36
decided to build in a niche for the small tank. its handy in the corner of the sitting room.
and as usuals i haven't finished the doors yet. :roll:
moving the plug from underneath to over the book shelf was fun to say the least.il get some pics up tomorrow.

0 Comments Viewed 6939 times
26/09/2013 by skrzypek_p on 26 Sep 2013 16:10
Image


Image


Image



Image

2 Comments Viewed 3674 times
the question of where the doors go. by bandraoi dúchasach on 16 Jul 2009 01:26
i was going to put only one door in the center but have decided that all the fishy apperell will be need to be hiden behind two doors so they will go at either end.
ive had a problem withthe hinges as i attached them to one side of the door and they wroked very strangely indeed so ive changed ti piano hinge insteed with magnetic taps onthe door to keep the closed.
its all going swimmingly. il post some pics tomorow.
its taking quite some time to get it all together as ive had to build the computor stand at the same time so hubby wont go off his rocker at my mew tank taking up space in the sittingroom.by building it myself ive been able to wrangel about 3 foot extra on to the size of the computor desk beside it. ( and promised hubby to build in a space for an extra external hard dive for his collection of Debbie, whatever that is :lol: ...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 2513 times
update by bandraoi dúchasach on 17 Jul 2009 01:10
Image
heres what the underside of the top looks like, solid pine.

Image
and this is the bottom, which again will have a soild piece of pine on it

0 Comments Viewed 3851 times
Now for colour by Aaron on 13 Feb 2017 11:25
I have the dosing schedule for Calcium, Magnesium and Alkalinity running now. The phosphates were high (3ppm) so looked at the system to see how I could lower this. I noticed a couple of issues.

1. The refugieum needed a trim, the macro is growing well.

2. The bio pellet reactor had clumped and the biopellets were not tumbling. I checked all the valves and it was open full. I then tried removing the flow valve from the line (not needed if on full) and that was the extra movement needed to start tumbling again!

3. The sand bed needs a little more agitation (shallow sand bed) so I have introduced a blue cheeked goby and change the filter sock every couple of days.

I let this run for a week, did a 10% water change and the socks are good and filthy, skimmer working overtime for a few days and phosphate tests 0.3, 0.1, and now 0.

This has allowed me to think about improving the corals colouration, I have started the red sea colour supplements and energy supplement. I am three days in and...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 3980 times

Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot]

Our Sponsors

Aquarium Solutions Petstop Superstore Fins Fur & Feathers Maidenhead Aquatics Seahorse Aquariums
cron